Wednesday, October 1, 2008

As far as I'm Concerned...

There are some things , as I've stated previously, that we should just buy. But then with the market crashing and the lack of jobs available in the States and elsewhere, i find that that statement no longer holds true. If you want it you gotta get it yourself, and if you want it and its expensive or seems like a waste of money, make it yourself.

If the Market blows up big time, and the world crumbles as we are all nervously expecting, you are all going to come running to people like me wondering if i could spend a few hours making this or that. Craft, my good friends, is a simple word for genius. If you are able, make it yourself.

Although material still costs money, i am thankful to people who still choose to go out for dinner or spend a drunken night at the bar for because of them most of us can still spend those late hours busing tables, or taking down orders- its not a lot of money, but for most in the field, it pays the rent.

I have made it my duty as your citizen to work on the little luxuries we will crave regardless of the banks, the stock market, and on smaller terms our declining bank accounts- regardless of all the cynics speculating why it is i spend so many hours working laboriously at my desk on things that would be much simpler, and true, sometimes even better, bought in a store. As my craft gets wiser, and my hands more skillful and quicker, you are all worrying about how you will manage to buy the toys your kids crave so desperately or the dress you wish you had to wear to your friends wedding. No matter what depression comes our way these things, luxuries, will remain precious and loved. Remember the 20's? ... think of us as 1928...

And if you simply do not have the time, insist that one of your single friends go to a tech school or pick up a few do-it-yourself handbooks at the library.

With much love and a slight "maybe i saw this coming?" grin-
Camille and JP

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaargh... Heureusement l'Euro est encore plus fort (pour l'instant... ). Eh eh eh ;)
Tschüss von Paris :p
Guess who ?

JulesPetra said...

are you trying to confuse me aymeric?

Anonymous said...

Pfff...
Not trying to. I know you're confused when I am around ;)